My spouse is concerned that I may be developing a drinking problem. I have always been the proverbial “cheap date”. The one for whom a single glass, no!, for whom half a glass!, would keep her giggling for hours! For a gal who could nurse along a bottle of wine for months, I certainly have grabbed onto my newest pursuit with gusto!
This whole consumption with cocktails began back before Halloween, when he started making hard cider. From there, it grew when there was talk of having a progressive Halloween party. This bled into Thanksgiving and then really started rolling when we promised to deliver some signature cocktails for the family holiday party. I spent a couple nights a week serving up cocktails just to see what we liked and what would work easily. It was crazy!
Among the trials we made:
- a cranberry cocktail from The Neely’s Celebration Cookbook
- a cranberry cosmo-like cocktail that may have been from Food Network (can’t remember)
- a cranberry margarita of my own creation
- an apple cider & orange margarita, again, mine
- a coffee granita, brandy and Bailey’s martini
- honey punch
- spicy “Ghost” michellada
Unfortunately, I don’t have a list of recipes to share with you here. As I mentioned before, a half a drink pretty much rids me of any clear thinking. I only have photos because I took them prior to drinking.